And this is where concrete post tensioning comes in. Unlike rebars, these systems provide active reinforcement. Post tension construction is arguably the most demanding type of structural concrete work there is. The process is a tight integration of several trades from carpenters and laborers, to electricians, plumbers, iron workers, and finally finishers. This type of construction is widely used for parking structures and multi-level housing projects.
LeLack Construction works with all aspects of post tension construction. Whether it is the footings and walls, or scaffolding and decking, we handle it all. Our company has been catering to customers in and around Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, as well as Deerfield Beach. We proudly serve clients across Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Lake Worth, and Miami. We also have a very solid presence in Pompano Beach, West Palm Beach, as well as the surrounding areas.
The Benefits of Post Tensioning
There are a number of benefits to this process, such as:
- Flexibility of design
- Lower material costs
- Faster construction program
- In the long term, it can reduce your maintenance costs
- Offers the potential for scaling up future loading
- Sometimes, structures may be adapted for a different use in the future, and post tensioning helps provide the support the structure needs
What The Post Tensioning Assembly Includes
As part of the post tensioning process, the concrete structure is compressed in sections where the load on the feature causes tensile stress and post-tensioning tendons are used in the work. The post tensioning assembly includes:
- High strength pre-stressing steel bars or strands
- Protective ducting or sheathing
- Corrosion-inhibiting coating or grout that surrounds the steel bar or strands
- This grouting will also coat the anchorages that are required at both ends
The high-quality services, materials and workmanship we use in our work have made us the most sought-after post tensioning contractors in the region. For any more information on our products or to discuss your project details, feel free to contact us at 954-688-4577. To send us these details via email please use this Contact Us form.